How to protect yourself from toxoplasmosis and listeriosis? Which foods should you consume for your health and that of your baby? The video tips of Manon Brodeo, dietician-nutritionist.
- During pregnancy, care should be taken not to consume raw animal products (meat, fish, raw milk cheese) to avoid contamination with toxoplasmosis and listeriosis. In the same way, it is necessary to wash fruits and vegetables to avoid this contamination.
- During pregnancy, it is important not to start a dietary restriction, but rather maintain a balanced and diversified diet.
- First of all, folate needs are increased, so you have to eat fruits and vegetables. There is also a high need for iron, found in meat and pulses. It is also necessary to maintain a good nutritional status in omega 3 fatty acids, by consuming fatty fish (salmon, mackerel, sardines) and omega 3 enriched oils.
- The consumption of alcohol must, of course, be suppressed during pregnancy.
- Dairy products ensure a good intake of vitamins D and calcium. Be especially careful not to consume skimmed milk products for their vitamin D deficiency.
What is Vitamin D for?
- Vitamin D is found in two ways: either it is made by our skin through the sun, or it is provided by the diet. It is found in fruits, vegetables and also dairy products. In dairy products, vitamin D is associated with fat. Since skim products do not contain fats, this vitamin D can not be combined and allow calcium to bind to our bones. So, during pregnancy, do not consume skim milk, that is, 0%.