In the event of an incident, keep calm and do the saving actions. Call the fire department (18) or EMS (15). Indicate precisely the reasons for your call. Example: "1 year old baby, choking, unconscious but he is breathing." Summarize the situation: "The object came out, it was a marble.
Category First aid
Shock on the skull that most often causes a big bump. To prevent it from getting fat, press it with ice wrapped in a cloth or plastic. Never put ice in direct contact with the skin, it could freeze. If the child complains of headaches, vomits, seems a little haggard, watch him carefully.
The organization is the same everywhere: registration of your child, then examination by a reception and orientation nurse. Depending on the reason for consultation, your child will be examined in medical service by an intern or a pediatrician, either in surgery by an intern or a surgeon. From a few minutes to several hours, the wait remains variable.
Very tight points with a thread that only takes the thickness of the skin. The intervention takes place under MEOPA (mixture of oxygen and nitrous oxide) to reduce the pain. The result is guaranteed: a straight line of suture, fine, without visible points, which is likely to heal well.
After an injection, refrain from rubbing. Indeed, the venom is contained in small vesicles that are broken by rubbing, which accentuates the pain. Better to rinse, or soak the affected limb in warm salt water, because the heat destroys the venom. Then put sand on the wound and let it dry.
If there is a sting, try to remove it without pressing it as this may empty the venom pocket. Using a butter knife, scrape the skin with the edge to detach the sting. The best is to use a venom pump. Then, disinfect the wound with an antiseptic solution, then apply a soothing cream the following days.
It can cause Lyme disease. This is manifested by a local abscess, a fever, an enlargement of the ganglions, followed a few weeks later by an immense fatigue and articular pains. If your child is stung, gently remove the insect with its rostrum, using a tick hook or a tweezers.
Remember that a child can drown in less than 3 minutes in 20 cm of water, without a sound. Put your child in a lateral safety position to evacuate the water contained in the airways. If he is not breathing, put him on his back and perform a cardiac massage. Call 18 or 15. How to make swimming safe?
The nail is out of its matrix and comes off. It must absolutely be put back in place so as not to hinder a good subsequent growth. The intervention is done under general anesthesia of short duration. The bandage may hinder your child the first days, especially as surgeons have the rule to also imprison the neighboring fingers of the damaged finger.
Reassure your child and sit with your head leaning forward to prevent blood flow into your throat, causing vomiting. Then compress the nostril that bleeds between your thumb and your index finger at the edge. Allow at least five minutes. You can introduce into the nostril a haemostatic ointment to stop faster blood flow.
Undress your child to the belly button. To locate his heart, place a finger above the sternum. Place the palm of a hand here. Sit well above, the arm perpendicular to his chest. With the arm extended, squeeze the sternum with one hand. Release everything and count to 10 while observing your child.
Your child has absorbed a small object across. He breathes badly, seems asphyxiated. Standing or sitting, stand behind him. Apply your fist between the sternum and the belly button. Press your other hand on the fist to encircle your child. Squeeze quickly and strongly from the bottom up.
In our country, only the bite of a viper is dangerous. Gestures previously recommended (tourniquet, incision, ice ...) are not recommended and may even be aggravating. The use of antirepine serum is also controversial. It is now advisable to clean the wound with soap and a local antiseptic and take the child to the emergency room where the treatment will be adapted according to the gravity.
The bite is often susceptible to infection, due to the presence of many germs in the saliva. Be it a domestic animal or a stray animal, it is mandatory to check the injury by a doctor. He will decide whether the wound should be sutured and whether your child should receive certain injections (anti-rabies, anti-tetanus).
It is due to the displacement of the end of a long bone (humerus) out of its joint cavity during a violent shock. In general, it occurs after a fall on the hand in hyperextension. Your child can not move his arm, which is distorted and painful. He must be rushed to surgery, where a specialist will replace the joint under general anesthesia.
It is to be feared after a shock, if your child suffers a lot and can no longer use one of its members. The bones of children often break into "green wood", like a branch, without moving, because they are flexible and can bend without breaking. Only an X-ray can determine the exact severity of the fracture.